Financial Controller (Hotel)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: €60,000 - €79,999
Location: Dublin City
Dublin City Centre
Salary €60,000 - €70,000
Our client is a prominent Dublin hotel located in the city centre, close to all major transport links.
A Brief description of the Role
The Financial Controller is responsible for all hotel accounting and financial controls under the supervision of the General Manager and under the functional guidance of the Corporate Controller (CFO). The role is proactive - analysing, and recommending alternative action in every respect, and operates in line with hotel and corporate policies and guidelines and the hotel’s business plan.
- Oversee the financial management of the hotel and associated businesses, including budgets, preparing and analysing P&L statements, cash flows and a short and long term forecast and plan for capital expenditure.
- Maintains accurate and timely financial and operating information and provides analysis, interpretations and projections to management as required.
- Assists and provides financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of the business plan, hotel and departmental budgets and objectives programme, and to manage relevant budgets appropriately.
- Prepares monthly Profit and Loss Account, with comparisons to budget and previous year, highlighting and investigating differences. To this end, calculates accruals, pre-payments, wage journals, food/beverage/other stocktakes and GP results, or oversee their calculation.
- Establishes, documents and enforces adequate controls for all revenues and expenses and protection of assets, and ensures controls will satisfy or improve the level of guest service.
- Maximises cash flow performance of the business through controls on inventory, income, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances and expenditure.
- Control and analyse costs on an ongoing basis, in line with budgets, liaising with Head of Departments and maximising the use of funds available, taking action to control negative deviation.
- Follows up on all capital expenditures to ensure compliance with original justification and approval.
- Ensure statutory regulations are complied with including completion of accurate and prompt statutory returns in respect of all financial issues – VAT, PAYE, all taxes, companies office returns, hotel registrations, licensing requirements, etc.
- Carry out internal audit checks on departments on a regular basis to ensure compliance with accounting objectives.
- Liaise with auditors and assist in preparation and audit of annual statutory accounts and tax returns. Implements and maintains acceptable accounting practices and procedures as required by corporate policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting practices, and those affected by local conditions.
- Provides safekeeping, including proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records.
Some reasons to move to this organisation as their Financial Controller.
- Work closely with business executives and contribute to all major commercial and operational decisions arising across the business.
- Responsible for a team of 5 staff
- Responsible for designing and maintaining internal control policies and procedures and risk management.
-Accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CPA)
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel
- An experienced team manager and leader.
- Experience of running an accounting function of a similar hospitality / food & beverage business.
Contact us and we can answer any questions you might have, provide you with a full job description, and explain the next steps in detail.
We are aiming to hold interviews over the next 7 days and therefore keen to speak with potentially interested individuals.
Our consultant handling this vacancy is David Armstrong:
- Office: 01 231 4694