Internal Audit Manager (West Dublin)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: €60,000 - €79,999
Location: Dublin West
Internal Audit Manager - Global Manufacturing business
Our client is a major Manufacturing PLC based in West Dublin with operations throughout Europe and North America.
We are seeking a qualified accountant with a strong audit/risk management background & excellent interpersonal and influencing skills for an Internal Audit Manager position within Group Internal Audit.
You will be working within a team of 7 similar professionals, with responsibility for planning & delivering audit & risk management assessments throughout group operations. You will liaise closely with Senior Executives to co-ordinate audit assessments and you will have responsibility for delivering findings & recommendations.
The head office is located close to the M50 and ideal for someone wishing to avoid traveling to the city centre.
To carry out audits and investigated, you will be required to travel internationally to overseas location. This can typically mean travelling for 1-2 weeks per month, returning to Ireland for weekends when possible. This is ideally suited to someone who enjoys international travel.
- Assess the risks facing the Group and subsidiary companies at both a financial and operational level while adopting a strategic mind-set as to the impacts on the business at all times;
- Proactively engage with the business both at subsidiary and Group level to confirm the Internal Audit function is fully meeting the information needs of the business and ensuring clear lines of communication exist in facilitating sound decision making at all times;
- Participate in the annual audit planning process;
- Perform independent and objective reviews of internal control procedures and financial and operational systems;
- Manage, execute and deliver internal audit projects and fraud investigations;
- Manage external resources and subject matter experts engaged as part of Internal Audit work;
- Responsible for the delivery and timely issue of audit reports and findings with an emphasis on value added recommendations to ensure risk is managed appropriately;
- Agree and discuss key findings with management across the Group;
- Act as an advisor within the Group with regard to risk, controls and processes;
- Work on ad-hoc and specialist projects;
- Work closely with the rest of the Group Internal Audit Team. Act as mentor and more junior staff members;
- Continued professional development through attendance of external trainings and conferences.
- Experience operating at a management level with a history of managing, motivating and leading teams;
- Highly competent in IFRS, corporate governance and risk management standards;
- A proactive, high achiever, capable of consistently delivering quality work, strong attention to detail and an ability to take ownership of projects;
- First rate communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to influence and constructively engage at senior management level;
- Highly analytical, objective and thought provoking with the ability to challenge status quo;
- Self-starter, dynamic, driven, results orientated with the ability to excel in a very fast paced and changing environment and enjoy engaging with the business at a commercial / strategic level;
- Career focused and eager to progress within the Group;
- Flexibility with an ability to engage in overseas travel, as required;
- Fluency in a second language beneficial.
Education & Experience:
ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with 5 years plus internal or external audit level
For more information please call David Armstrong on 01 231 4651